6 October 2023
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and the National Environmental Science Program (NESP) Resilient Landscapes Hub have 2 Indigenous PhD scholarships available. Complete your PhD at QUT as part of a dynamic research group in the NESP Resilient Landscapes Hub.
The Resilient Landscapes Hub aims to build a network of Indigenous academics undertaking impactful research to inform management of Australia’s terrestrial and freshwater ecosystems and to promote resilient and sustainable landscapes.
These positions will be critical members of collaborative research teams at QUT and other participating partners in projects funded by the NESP Resilient Landscapes Hub. The hub will provide operational support for the PhD projects undertaken by the appointees with an option for candidates to align their projects with Resilient Landscapes Hub research that involves hub researchers from QUT, including the following:
- Acoustic monitoring in Christmas Island National Park
- Assessing the impacts of myrtle rust on forest dynamics
- Supporting Indigenous fire management through collaborative socio-ecological partnerships.
If interested in Project 1 please contact Professor Paul Roe (email@example.com) and if interested in Projects 2 and 3 please contact Professor Jennifer Firn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- $45,000 per annum (pa) living stipend (indexed annually) for up to 3.5 years (tax-free for full-time students)
- interstate relocation allowance of up to $1,520
- paid leave entitlements, including recreation leave, sick/carer’s leave, maternity/parenting leave and cultural/ceremonial leave.
Students accepted into the program also have the option to apply for QUT’s Indigenous Australians PhD/Professional Doctorate to Postdoctoral Fellowship (P2P) Program.
- PhD: $50,000 per annum (pa) living stipend for up to 4 years (tax-free for full-time students); $5,000 pa allowance for consumables/professional development activities; up to 120 hours of paid employment each year of candidature as a sessional academic
- postdoctoral fellowship: one-year QUT Level A academic appointment; opportunity to apply for one-year exchange/postdoctoral fellowship/external appointment with a university/government/industry organisation aligned with your career development needs; 2-year QUT Level B appointment.