Dr Eric Nordberg
Senior Lecturer (Applied Ecology and Landscape Management), University of New England.
See Dr Nordberg’s full research profile here.
Research outputs linked to policy change and decision-making
- Approach to assist decision-making in management: Wambiana biodiversity project (as a PhD student under Prof. Lin Schwarzkopf). Impact: teaching graziers that better land management could enhance biodiversity and improve profit. How the impact was achieved: field days, workshops, talks, multiple publications.
Current academic employment and positions
- 2020 – present: Senior Lecturer (Applied Ecology and Landscape Management) at University of New England
- 2018: PhD (Ecology) James Cook University, Townsville, QLD
Major prizes, medals, and honours
- 2023: 3 R’s Animal Ethics Award – University of New England
- 2020: Early Career Researcher Open Access Champion Award – James Cook University
- 2020: Michael Bull Award for Early career Nature Scientists – Nature Foundation
Roles on government or regional organisation committees
- 2020 – present: Turtles Forever Steering Committee member – boosting endangered Western saw-shelled turtles populations through pest management, head-starting, and on-ground conservation actions with land holders.
- 2023 – present: Biodiversity Reference Group – representative of local community group leading discussions with renewable energy projects in the New England region