Dr Melissa Duggan
Research fellow, Australian Rivers Institute, Griffith University
- Dr Duggan is an ecologist and marine biologist experienced in ecosystem modelling of marine, estuarine and aquatic environments to aid in management of these systems and their resources. Her work explores the whole-ecosystem, including physical aspects, nutrients, primary producers, consumers and food webs, as well as resource management such as water use and fisheries.
Current academic employment and position
- 2023-present: Research Fellow – Australian Rivers Institute, Griffith University
- 2012: PhD, Griffith University
Major prizes, medals and honours
- 2011: Ernest Hodgkin Estuary Research Award (AMSA)
Research outputs linked to policy change and decision making
- Dr Duggan has undertaken research examining links between river flow patterns and estuarine biota to support decision making around water resource use in the Gulf of Carpentaria as it relates to the commercial prawn fishery.
Current projectCompleted project
NESP RLH, 2021-2027NESP, 2015-2021NERP, 2012-2015TRaCK, 2005-present